5 Reasons to Visit South Korea

30 Happy Days Challenge - Day 16: a place you've always wanted to visit.

South Korea

South Korea is a very fascinating country. There's so much you can do there and so much you can see there. The following list shows reasons to visit South Korea. The reasons are not in any particular order.


Since I have never been to South Korea, this post is based on research and from what I have heard.


Maybe in the future I will visit South Korea so maybe I will write a post about living there. (Omg going to South Korea and Japan would be so awesome!).


1. Teaching - I am planning to become a teacher. One of the things I want to do as a teacher is teach in Korea. I have heard many good things and bad things about teaching in Korea. In the end it seems like the pros outweigh the cons. The demand for teaching English in Korea is very high right now. The schools pay for your airfare. They also provide free housing and good salaries.


2. The food - I have tried Korean food before and it was delicious. In Korea, the food is delicious and very cheap (from what I have heard). Like you can eat a whole dinner still at a cheap price.


I remember the first time I went to a Korean restaurant and it was so embarrassing. I didn't know how to eat the food and I didn't even know how to use chopsticks. Here's me, a fan of Asian cultures, who didn't know how to use chopsticks. That was sad. Overall, it was a fun night with friends. I live kind of far from Korea Town so I can't really go to a Korean restaurant very frequently. There's like zero Korean restaurants on the South side of Chicago (as far as I know).

3. English language - There are signs and maps written in Korean AND ENGLISH everywhere there (phew!). This is a good thing for people who do not know the Korean language very well (like me). Getting lost in Korea might not be such a bad thing after all.


4. Hallyu craze - If you're into Korean movies, pop music, dramas, fashion...then this is the country for you and me. Kpop stores are probably everywhere in Seoul. Korean actresses and actors everywhere on posters. Kpop music playing in random stores.


5. Many different attractions - Mountains, beaches, farms, cities, forests, islands, a demilitarized zone.. the country has it all. Jeju Island is a beautiful island. One of the places I would like to visit on the island is the Seongsan Sunrise Peak. South Korea is surrounded by water on three sides so there is a variety of beaches there.

Here are websites that show pictures of beaches and islands in South Korea:

This link shows other pictures like mountains and shrines:

Mountains and national parks pictures:

I wish I could just WALK to South Korea: 




Like I would go to Seoul and then a couple hours later I would come back home. I wouldn't have to worry about expenses and being home sick. Does anybody else feel that way, too? Don't you just wish you could walk to your favorite countries?





Comments

Popular Posts